Nominations are now closed for the 2022 award.
The Community Foundation of Boone County will soon be seeking nominations for the 2022 Lionel Dubay Sports Award.
The award was established in 1993 by Lionel Dubay’s wife Gwen, his friends, and community donations to continue his legacy. Lionel was a vital parent and supporter of youth sports in Zionsville. He was an active member of the Little League and Youth Soccer Association, and was instrumental in starting pee-wee football in Zionsville. This award recognizes someone who has made an ongoing commitment to Zionsville youth sports, whether it be a coach, active supporter, team mom, or other supporting role. The award recipient then pays it forward by selecting a nonprofit organization that benefits youth sports in the community to receive an unrestricted $500 grant. Previously selected nonprofit organizations include Zionsville Youth Soccer Association Inc., Zionsville Little League, and Lady Eagles Softball Association.
- Nominations are open September 12 – September 30, 2022. The recipient will be notified early November and a grant presentation will be scheduled with the selected nonprofit organization late November – mid December.
- Nominees may represent any type of youth sport serving the Zionsville area.
- The public can make nominations online by describing why your candidate deserves recognition and what contributions the nominee has made to youth sports in Zionsville.
- The award includes a plaque and a cash donation to the recipient’s youth sports organization of choice.
- Award recipient is selected by the CFBC Grants Committee.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF BOONE COUNTY
Since 1991, the Community Foundation of Boone County has granted over $28 million from its various funds to nonprofit organizations and programs working to solve critical challenges in Boone County. Through the generosity of donors, the Community Foundation currently holds over $30 million in net assets. In the past 30 years, we have worked with donors to create permanent funds for charitable giving. The establishment and growth of permanent endowment funds will strengthen Boone County for generations to come.