Community Foundation of Boone County (CFBC) is proud to offer two distinct granting programs this year, which provide the opportunity for eligible Boone County-serving nonprofits to apply for two CFBC grants in 2023 – one application per program. There are matching grants and then rolling grants with the funds being focused solely on programming support. We are excited to announce our fourth and final round of 2023 grant recipients. See the first-round recipients here, second-round recipients here, and third-round recipients here.
Congratulations to our fourth cycle of rolling grantees:
- Boys & Girls Club of Boone County
- Gleaners Food Bank
- Head Start
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Witham Family YMCA
Meet Our Fourth Quarter Grantees
- Boys & Girls Club of Boone County will use their grant funds to support healthy lifestyle programming, including healthy habits, daily challenges, and social recreation.
- Gleaners Food Bank will use their grants funds to host a senior mobile food pantry at the Boone County 4H Fairgrounds.
- Head Start is using their grant funds for their Head Start Home Safety project. Head Start will provide wrap-around services to local Boone County families to obtain the resources to provide a safe environment for their children, including baby gates, fire ladders, outlet covers, and smoke detectors.
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra will use their funds to host four Teddy Bear Concerts in Boone County. These fun concerts integrate live music, storytelling, and creative movement into the concert.
- Witham Family YMCA will put their grant to good use by removing barriers to ensure children have the opportunity to learn how to swim. Scholarships will be created to cover the cost of swim lessons and supplies, including swimsuits.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF BOONE COUNTY
The Community Foundation of Boone County exists to unite people, organizations, and philanthropy to create a thriving community for all. Since 1991, its leaders have worked to empower and engage local communities to make a difference right here in Boone County while also leading a vision to collaboratively address the root causes of challenges facing Boone County in diverse and equitable ways. The Community Foundation continues to invest in the people working to fill local needs. It has granted more than $29 million to nonprofit organizations and programs working to solve critical challenges in Boone County. With over $30 million in net assets, the Community Foundation works with donors to create permanent funds for charitable giving to strengthen Boone County for generations to come.