DIRECTOR OF DONOR ADVANCEMENT
The Director of Donor Advancement will represent the organization to the community, donors, board members, and other constituencies. The Director of Donor Advancement is a fundraiser who will assist the CEO in development activities throughout Boone County focusing on annual giving, community leadership initiatives, and fund management. They will further the organization’s mission to unite people, organizations, and philanthropy to create a thriving community for all.
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits gifts and event sponsorship prospects to help CFBC achieve its mission.
- Maintains a prospective donor portfolio and leads proactive outreach efforts to create future opportunities for new projects, donations, and partners.
- Achieves contact goals by regularly setting face-to-face prospect meetings.
- Serves as a key member of the organization, working with the President to create and drive strategy regarding donor development.
- Serves as the staff liaison to the CFBC Donor Development Committee.
- Builds awareness in the community of the foundation and its mission.
- Leads donor relations and stewardship activities for all levels of giving including thank you calls, letters, events, appeal letters, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in fund development and/or donor relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in teams and independently.
- Knowledge of data-driven decision-making strategies.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to research and analyze information.
- Proficient in technology with a focus in Google Suite and CRM.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work in a hybrid office setting at our Lebanon, Indiana office.
- Some evenings and weekends as needed based on event and meeting schedules.
- Must be familiar with (and preference given to residence in) Boone County
To apply, click here.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF BOONE COUNTY
Since 1991, the Community Foundation of Boone County has granted more than $29 million from its various funds to nonprofit organizations and programs working to solve critical challenges in Boone County. Through the generosity of donors, the Community Foundation currently holds over $30 million in net assets. In the past 30 years, we have worked with donors to create permanent funds for charitable giving. The establishment and growth of permanent endowment funds will strengthen Boone County for generations to come.